Telegram

Discuss the last knights with players from all countries. Keep it friendly, we're all playing the same game.
Sindarin

Telegram

Post by Sindarin » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:38 pm

Just logged in after ages (almost literal ages instead of TLK ages) and a bunch is changed that I'd be willing to discuss but is probably not really worth it after limited experience with it.

That currently Telegram is embedded and recommended as the main (or only) way of proper communication is very worrying though. Not really the most secure place.

Balthy

Re: Telegram

Post by Balthy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:35 am

Hi Sindarin,

Welcome back!
Could you elaborate on your security concerns?
I havent encountered any threats besides the occasional lost scammer.
Kind regards,

Balthy [Dev Helper]

Sindarin

Post by Sindarin » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:16 pm

Group chats are not end to end encrypted and stored on their servers. Private chats are end to end encrypted but that doesn't matter much when. It is Russian owned and partially based, and they pretty much have limitless access to the data. If anyone is concerned for their privacy it's the last app to use.

This touches on a few subjects:
https://mikehudack.substack.com/p/telegram-is-not-safe

Nuvelle

Post by Nuvelle » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:04 pm

For ingame/nation chat, we have no need of privacy/security (and in fact our bot logs everything said there anyway).

I would advise anyone who needs privacy/security outside of TLK to do their own research and make their own choice of app.

We just use Telegram for its ease of access to group wide APIs.