Idea... More Cavalry Please

Tag each thread title with [IDEA] or [SUGGESTION].
Pickles

Idea... More Cavalry Please

Post by Pickles » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:59 am

All maps have a large variety of foot , ranged units...Cavalry is lacking and I would like to see Cossacks, Dragoons, Curraissieurs, Hussars, Caribineers and such thrown into the mix...ty...I'll try to collect a list of suitable units for all maps and ages, using historical facts of course...
Last edited by Pickles on Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pickles

Re: Idea... More Cavalry Please

Post by Pickles » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:53 am

Sooooo... Germanic tribes used horses and were master horsemen also ..the Romans used the Germanic lads as cavalry using Roman horses...German horses were smaller and a rider was usually accompanied by a warrior running alongside for both offence and defence,

And...we all know the Celts used chariots, lighter version and were primarily used as a platform for thrown spears or bow work..once the projectiles were done the riders would then dismount , fight on foot then use the chariot to escape or pursue..

Taking these facts into consideration it should be viable to give each of these tribes a cavalry unit that represents each well..ty

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 am

German Cavalry could be Light Cavalry to start and then Companion Cavalry,
Celtic could be a Light Chariot to start then Heavy Chariot,
Both would be strictly melee type at start then adding the ranged for the next level...

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:34 pm

There's plenty of cav to choose from on each map... Yet, not many people choose cav units these days, and that's why they're lacking.
Most players either rank with infantry or they PvP with artillery (e.g., Marksmen, Longbows). Artillery units are often the easiest to pvp with, because in general nobody hits you and FH costs are low in case you PvP somebody else.

Adding more cav units to choose from is one way to encourage people to use cav units... However, there are other ways to encourage this.

For example, cav could use a slight buff across the maps. It may be that nowadays cav units are lacking because people don't like to PvP with cav units because they've been nerfed too much over the years. I think this is especially the case in Asia, where cav is rather weak compared to other units (i.e., they get rinsed by Marksmen and LBM). Another way to encourage people to pick cav units would be to make training with cav units easier, and especially training during early ranks before war. For example: less pike and artillery units in opposing armies on the market/border. This would make it easier for cav PvPers to keep up with the rankers, and allow them to PvP infantry armies at a later stage in the game without suffering too much from artillery PvPers (because they would be lower ranked).