Feedback survey

KingDinger

Feedback survey

Post by KingDinger » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 pm

Survey doesn't offer a lot of detail.
If anyone has extra feedback put it here. So they can see detail better.

Suggestion: +1 str to all t1 units. I already went over this, but its a core balance change that would put things in line better.
There's more numbers I could point out needing change but really feel unheard.

Mikayel

Re: Feedback survey

Post by Mikayel » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:53 am

Hi,

Every opinion is being taken into consideration. However, do not expect me agreeing with all changes that easily, moreover if they are given only by one person without giving me clear idea why that suggestion is being made.

If the reasoning is only ranking, I have different tools to make it easier at tier 1, so I will be using them.

Again, i\ll consider adding 1 str, but i cannot be equal for all units.

Sorry if i sound like a person who is not willing to agree to a lot. That is not the case. But i tend to be skeptical, when I know how fragile the balance can be. I'm not saying there's a perfect balance right now, but i've considered all scenarios in order not to create something too broken or too op.

Still, I urge people, if they want to give more opinions and details, to write it down in this forum as well. Every small detail might be important and i will look into it.

The survey gives me the basis without me waiting for people to actually enter the forum and fill in suggestions.

KingDinger

Re: Feedback survey

Post by KingDinger » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:13 am

Totes understand.
I'm just stating I went over some very basic number differentials and with the issues some had at age start, and upon any start, 1 str would greatly fix the low end and even greater show the imbalance of the high end units. As it stands for t1, the op units are just balanced compared to other maps. Hp would be pointless to change because it wouldn't reveal anything but longer inj or longer battles.

Damage output should be balanced quite literally around 3 melee rounds worth of damage for all units in a subset. I was putting together a ledger about the breakdown points of all units and what changes would bring all maps into line with reference to terrain averages and maximums.
This isn't just ramblings. It's pure number theory.

I also have ideas for further marketing the game to today's audience of gamers. This archaic idea that training from grey to red is somehow an important part of the game is outdated. No one wants to play a game like this where the drudgery of the first part of the game is somehow worthy of several days effort.
So shove that at Tiralan to wake up. Grey is learning phase, blue is practising phase and green is game start. If anything needs to change for this game to be any more than a relic, its training from grey to green to be nothing more than a tutorial or just minor investment for experienced players.
An idea I had was to change grey ranks to just 10-15 scene changes showing advancement taking no more than 10 minutes explaining basics of the core army designs. Maybe a whole overhaul to training visuals to show the difference between armies. Like spelling out the rock paper scissors design of pvp types. Since monotype armies seem to be the whole idea. I'm currently looking into bringing new players in blind and getting feedback on that.

End of the day it comes down to: is it worth my effort to try to help when the first thing I get for pointing out a glaring flaw, was being shut down by someone saying "I'm right you're wrong, I'm big you're small, I've done the same thing for 15 years and no one has ever questioned anything. Ner ner ner ra ra ra." Good chat.