Some thoughts on the current balance of ranking vs pvp units

All things balancing related in here. Create a new thread for each unit/change idea, so they can be managed.
Glaurung

Some thoughts on the current balance of ranking vs pvp units

Post by Glaurung » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:13 am

Firstly, Id like to say that this isnt a problem that has shown up because of one change. Its always been present, but more so now than ever.

The problem as I see it goes a bit like this:
-you join a country that isnt active 24/7
-you pick a pvp army that isnt the best at ranking
-you make it to major-gen if youre lucky
-you have to put like 25 points into trainer on each hero to get anywhere with your units
-you cant get good merch or ld due to having spent so much on trainer
-you cant rank up by training
-you have to wait 24 hrs to start sfing and pvping
-you join sfs but then you get so many injuries that you cant really heal them
-youre pretty much fucked. Your duelist is weak due to all the trainer you got. Your supports are kinda weak due to all the trainer you got. Rankers are at marshal/knight/baron at this point already, and youre lucky if you make it to lieut gen. Your units are getting weaker and weaker due to all the injuries you pick up doing anything. You cant train because ofc not. You cant pvp because all your targets fucked off and are 4 ranks higher. You cant sf because the rankers in your country are 4 rank higher than you and you pick up all the injuries. Youre fucked all round.
If you happen to be using cav units, youre triple fucked. In fact, its easier to rank up to marshal and rebuy a cav army than it is to get up to marshal with cav units.

And even tho this has always been a problem, its a bigger problem than ever:
-harder garrisons to prevent soloing or some shit
-reduced unit xp gain to prevent people from having t3 too early
-harder training to slow down people(only works on pvp units really)
-less merch cash due to all the points spent on trainer

PS: its making the game pretty much unplayable for like half the units in the game.
PS2: how to fix this? Make training to green easier, but make border training harder. More unit xp without trainer. Unit xp gain is really bad right now. Like really bad. Less pikes in training and garrisons. I seem to take more injuries as a lieut gen with cav than a major with inf.
PS3: I made this while half asleep, dont blame me for not thinking this through for 12 days. It should be pretty clear that this is a real goddam problem tho.

Mysterious

Re: Some thoughts on the current balance of ranking vs pvp units

Post by Mysterious » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:29 pm

Bump