[Age 361] Tournament Rework + Trainer Skill Rework

Official announcements
Tiralan

[Age 361] Tournament Rework + Trainer Skill Rework

Post by Tiralan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:46 pm

[Age 361] Tournament Rework, Trainer skill rework

Tournament Rework
After the voicechat with the devs we have pushed this bugged system to be reworked to the front, and its ready now.
We can talk about the pro's and con's of the new vs old in this topic or when you feel like it, but this is what it ended up with:

1) Every hero can enter, nobility is required.
2) No more 3 different tournaments, just one for all.
3) Every hero fights exactly 5 fights.
4) Your opponents are selected at random. If the total number is uneven, another hero will be picked to fight another fight. Your hero is just used as a filler then, and won't get points for this. Only five battles are scored, even if you fight more by uneven-number-logic.
5) You can earn points during those fights, and your tournament score is the sum of the points you got in those 5 duels.
6) You get more points if you defeat a hero thats has a higher level than yours.
7) If you lose a duel you get half of the points the winner got, extracted of your own total. (so losing to 3 levels up only cost you 1 point, losing to 5 levels down will cost you 5 points)
8) The tournament page is reworked in a way that it no longer is a wall of text, but actually a page where you can scan for your own hero easily and analyse its battles.
9) You can click on your own hero (or any hero..) and his fights will show up on the right hand side of your screen, so you can see how you earned your points and/or where you lost them.
10) The total sum (positive or negative) you got over those 5 battles, will be added to your hero ranking.

Trainer Skill and Training Balance

a) The broken cumulative sf xp for units, that we had last age (and actually for a long time, but it showed big time last age), is fixed. This is no longer the case. And your units only get trainer bonus from the trainer you put on your own heroes.
b) The trainer skill for heroes has become cheaper to learn and to upgrade. It's a bit more expensive now than Merchant, but the growth in cost per level is similar, to give you some reference. That means that trainer is easier to obtain, where it has become pretty important.
c) Unit Exp has been increased by 5% compared to last age. (last age was 40% nerf, so this age you could call 35% nerf from 2 ages ago).
d) Rebalanced the stats of training units slightly. Overall a bit more hp for your opponents' units in training. To slow down pvp units, but not harm melee units too much.
e) Removed access to T1 units in baracks from Major General and onwards to stop people from using the T1-training abuse.

Both systems are live on dev and staging (and live, but thats on agebreak as of this writing). So feel free to test it out.

Sayonara

Re: [Age 361] Tournament Rework + Trainer Skill Rework

Post by Sayonara » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 pm

About the unit-XP nerf. Before that nerf I always had max auth filled throughout all ranks with trainer filled to 15/15/15. Even didn't fill trainer as first but mixed with the other skills.

Since that nerf I haven't reached max auth with my desired numbers of units, even when I immediately get trainer to 20/20/20 and after getting the rest to 20 first upgrade that to 30/30/30 (reach that at about maj gen or lt gen).

Some math now first. Old system had 100 * (1+ 0,5 * sum(trainer skills) / 100). In my example 122,5. New system has 0,65 * (1+sum(trainer skills)/100). Which gives 0,65 * (1 + sum(trainer skills) / 100. With trainers 15 ... 94,25.

With trainers 30 I get to 123,50 which is even more than the 122,5 of the old system. Yet I can not get to my proper hard cap anymore.

Reason? I'm not really sure. On Dev I can not simulate SF's which give more XP per battle.

My guess is that the old XP in SF's had more influnece than someone thought.

Fiskerman

Re: [Age 361] Tournament Rework + Trainer Skill Rework

Post by Fiskerman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 am

Sayonara wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 pm My guess is that the old XP in SF's had more influnece than someone thought.
Thats correct there was bug/feature they fixed, where trainer from all heroes in SF was used for exp calculation instead of just your own heroes.

see point "a)" in the patchnotes