In memory of Sparks

Official announcements
Nuvelle

In memory of Sparks

Post by Nuvelle » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:24 pm

To everyone,

This morning at 08:00 local time (UK) Yvonne Bolton (most people know her as Sparks), has passed away.

After celebrating her 63th birthday on January 1, already being in and out of the hospital while being treated for cancer. On 13 January her kidney started failing to work again. Yvonne decided to stop the treatment and just make her as comfortable as possible in a hospice near Preston, England.

A few friends have visited her this week (Piet, Crazydude + wife, Nuvelle) at the hospice. Some other close friends have sent her a package or a card. Which she still appreciated a lot and took notice of them. Her daughter has read several of TLK players messages from the google document & Facebook to her in the last days. The messages, cards and letters brought a smile to her face, and nods of remembrance.

In cooperation with Nuvelle we will set up a condoleance page.

A last goodbye to a dear friend. My first visit to yvonne was in 2009. After which we visited eachother every year. Either she to Holland or me to England. Despite our difference in age. We still tried to go out a lot and see eachother's country's. Enjoy company.

Yours sincerely,

Crazydude (J.P. van der Lugt)

https://forms.gle/ho977rky7DXS2LnR7

Please use the above form to post any messages for her family.

Kenobi

Re: In memory of Sparks

Post by Kenobi » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:52 pm

I will never forget sparks, always a warm soul to any age.
Shebwas so kind and helpful to me when I was starting out and I'll never forget that either, the kindness, the urge to help people no matter what.
She will be greatly missed by many :(
May she rest in peace ❤️💐❤️

aNimalnitrate

Post by aNimalnitrate » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:34 pm

I didn't get to chat to the 2 guys from the Netherlands that came over here today for Yvonne's funeral. Myself and my Wife are family friends and live in the same area as Yvonne did and I am a gamer but not normally in this genre and normally play on PS4.
I only found out about this game literally today as it was mentioned during the Funeral Service and thought I would check it out once I got home. I Do know how strong a bond a gaming community can be as I've been a gamer for years though, and I think it's really nice that you two guys, whoever you are (I didn't catch their names) travelled all the way over to here (Burnley, Lancashire UK) to pay their respects.

I just need to get used to this game now, I will probably be asking for help at some point :D

Stu - Animalnitrate
Nuvelle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:24 pm To everyone,

This morning at 08:00 local time (UK) Yvonne Bolton (most people know her as Sparks), has passed away.

After celebrating her 63th birthday on January 1, already being in and out of the hospital while being treated for cancer. On 13 January her kidney started failing to work again. Yvonne decided to stop the treatment and just make her as comfortable as possible in a hospice near Preston, England.

A few friends have visited her this week (Piet, Crazydude + wife, Nuvelle) at the hospice. Some other close friends have sent her a package or a card. Which she still appreciated a lot and took notice of them. Her daughter has read several of TLK players messages from the google document & Facebook to her in the last days. The messages, cards and letters brought a smile to her face, and nods of remembrance.

In cooperation with Nuvelle we will set up a condoleance page.

A last goodbye to a dear friend. My first visit to yvonne was in 2009. After which we visited eachother every year. Either she to Holland or me to England. Despite our difference in age. We still tried to go out a lot and see eachother's country's. Enjoy company.

Yours sincerely,

Crazydude (J.P. van der Lugt)

https://forms.gle/ho977rky7DXS2LnR7

Please use the above form to post any messages for her family.

Haitaka

Post by Haitaka » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:48 pm

As was mentioned during the funeral service, Yvonne (known in this game as Sparks) made many friends all over the world by playing this game. On several occasions, she has met up with a number of you in real life, which only made those friendships grow stronger.
Jordy (Crazydude) and myself were lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend the service in person yesterday. Others were present by watching the service via a webcam broadcast. A great number of her other friends attended as well, which really shows how well-loved Yvonne was. Together, we gave her a good last farewell.

It is good to see that Yvonne still continues to bring people together. Welcome to the game Stu / Animalnitrate. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to chat yesterday.
I hope you will enjoy playing this game, even though it has not come to PS4 yet. ;) The player guides on this forum are a good place to get started when learning about this game. And of course, there are many experienced players willing to give you help and advice when asked.

Robert - Haitaka

Guess_Who

Post by Guess_Who » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:42 pm

I met Sparks on here maybe 15 years ago. She was very kind and welcoming. Always in a good mood and people had nothing but good things to say about her. I just started playing again after a 7 year break. So saddened to hear of this, RIP Sparks.

crazydude

Post by crazydude » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:33 pm

Hi Stu,

i was the other guy visiting with robert on yvonne's funeral. i sent you a message in lastknights aswell, if you wish to talk.
CD

[quote=aNimalnitrate post_id=818 time=1675870462 user_id=103448]
I didn't get to chat to the 2 guys from the Netherlands that came over here today for Yvonne's funeral. Myself and my Wife are family friends and live in the same area as Yvonne did and I am a gamer but not normally in this genre and normally play on PS4.
I only found out about this game literally today as it was mentioned during the Funeral Service and thought I would check it out once I got home. I Do know how strong a bond a gaming community can be as I've been a gamer for years though, and I think it's really nice that you two guys, whoever you are (I didn't catch their names) travelled all the way over to here (Burnley, Lancashire UK) to pay their respects.

I just need to get used to this game now, I will probably be asking for help at some point :D

Stu - Animalnitrate

Axinte

Post by Axinte » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:52 pm

RIP