password validation bug?

Report your bugs here, and we will let you know what we can do about it.
Ustuth

password validation bug?

Post by Ustuth » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:35 am

when I was trying to register, the page where you enter your password didn't accept anything I tried... except when I happened to copypaste the registration hex string from address bar. so that became my password.

then I tried to change passwords after logging in and it complained about the password format, but then when I tried another one it complained that my old password is wrong? so I guess it must've changed it anyway or something? but I'm not quite sure what my password currently is, so we'll see if I can log in ever again

in both cases the password I tried fulfilled the criteria of "Passwords should contain at least one letter and one number. They must also be at least 5 characters long."

Balthy

Re: password validation bug?

Post by Balthy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:28 am

Hi Ustuth,

A change was pushed to the registration page.
I was able to change my password twice via my profile (worked for firefox and chrome).
If you are unable to login with your current password, please reset your password with the "Forgot Password" function to reset it.

In case this doesnt work for you, please let us know and we will check into this further.
Please include the browser you are using and the type of device you have.
Kind regards,

Balthy [Dev Helper]

Ustuth

Post by Ustuth » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:06 pm

I managed to change the password one more time after posting the thread, so all is fine in that sense. I dunno tho if I would've been able to complete my registration if I hadn't happened to copy paste the hash. Has there been any new joiners lately?

rathy_Aro

Post by rathy_Aro » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:23 pm

I just signed up and experienced issues as well. I read the javascript and the issue is the validation is wrong. There's a regex in there that intends to require a number (which would be '\d') but instead just has a 'd'. The end result is that validation forces you to have a d in the password.

Nuvelle

Post by Nuvelle » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:33 am

This has now been fixed.

The code had the \d in the regex, however when the code was compiled (TypeScript) it used the \ as an escape character, resulting in the above.

This also resulted in symbols not being accepted, which is now also fixed.