I am done with tlk as such suggestion deleted

Tag each thread title with [IDEA] or [SUGGESTION].
TFD_Quickstrike

Post by TFD_Quickstrike » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:14 am

Last edited by TFD_Quickstrike on Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jefferson

Re: 1 hour ticks

Post by Jefferson » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:21 am

I understand where you are coming from with this. With a smaller player base comes a smaller planner base. On of the biggest issues that brings is burnout. If you're 2mping sometimes it takes 20 minutes to gather people on and do a wheel, you finish just before tick and then have to do it all over again in 30 minutes. It doesn't leave a lot of time in your day to do normal life stuff. I like TLK but I wish it was something I didn't have to spend so much time on to be active. You're right that it might slow the game down a lot, but if people had a bit more time between wheels to do things in their normal life, more people might play. If it revolves too, it isn't just the new norm, just a different mode.

Tiralan

Post by Tiralan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Im not very enthusiastic about the idea.
The idea of ticks is running the game basicly, and it is in every aspect of the game.
1 hour ticks would mean:
- waiting 12 hours for a HT, 6 hours for the 2nd.
- waiting 12 hours for merchant
- having pvp protection of 6 hours
- tournaments only twice a day instead of four times
- potential of having a 42-days age, even if this is not likely, it will atleast be between 20-25 days, on a sloooow pace
- The above will not gain players, it will only make players drop out more.
- What to do with nobility, as players pay for a certain gain or edge per day on non-nobility players, thats all halved.
- 1 training run, every what, 3-4 hours? When injured you are being forced to stay online double of the time you calculated before?

I could think of a handful more reasons why this would cause more harm than joy.

Now, there is another way to achieve what you want. Because basicly you want to reduce the pressure on planners.
And thats entangled with the gain of mps. So instead of doing 1 hour ticks (which we will never do, lets be fair, considering the above..)
We COULD say that you get only a mp on full hours and not on half hours. I would personally against it, as I would still find it pretty boring and slow, but that is a consensus I could offer to achieve what you are trying to achieve. Now if there is majority that sees this as a good idea, we can look at it, but till then, that is not a direction I'd like to go.

TFD_Quickstrike

Post by TFD_Quickstrike » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:08 am

Last edited by TFD_Quickstrike on Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7th

Post by 7th » Sat May 21, 2022 8:56 pm

anything that can make the game friendlier for someone with family and a job where you don't sit at a desk with a computer would definitely make me, and maybe others like me, return to tlk. When there's activity, it's too much, for too long, and stressful (especially if you're the planner). When there is no activity, you log into the game and just look at the page -_-. If training was safe, yay!.. but if training isn't safe or you've achieved your desired rank already ? what then? Roaming the map on your own for pvp requires knowledge of enemies locations, plans and move points, and you having enough move points to follow, ambush then run to safety and rejoin some army ( this means time/ticks that you must stay online and alert. Not everyone has that kind of time.
i suggested this before, and will do it again now: maybe let people stack more than 3 move points. This way, when there is no activity, at least they build moves, and when there is activity, it can cover a bit larger area. Having a tick last for an hour wouldn't be a bad thing in this case. If you let people stack more move points and more HTs, then nothing is actually lost.

Tiralan

Post by Tiralan » Sun May 22, 2022 12:43 pm

In all fairness, if movepoints can be stacked to say 4 or 5, who would that most benefit?
In my opinion stacks and experienced planners. That enlarges the gap between 'old and new' players.

Then the argument of a planner having an absolute stressjob and it eating time away.
Right, I get that, its proven to be true. But its a game afterall, and not every game or every role in that game is designed to perfectly weave into an avarage day of life. At the end of the day we are gaming.
I've never heard anybody complain about the ammount of time they spend on Team Deathmatches in Call of Duty or doing a dungeon or a raid in World of Warcraft, to name just 2 random games popping to mind. Its the decision of any player how much time and effort they put into any game. Planning for a couple of hours straight, taking into account all responsibilities is pretty much the highest task this game has to offer. I don't really see how this is an issue.

so 1 hour ticks is an horrible idea. You talk about phases on the day where there is no activity and you are staring at your screen. Those downtimes as you describe it will be longer and more frequent if you go to 1 hour ticks. Bad for the game, bad for activity. Activity is not a matter of luck, activity is created by a (group of) planner(s), providing a logical pattern in activity.

Since we implemented all our functions to Telegram (mIRC in the past, but for the sake of it I'll say that Telegram is more mobile friendly) we don't need joiners or mainmovers to be on their screen all the time. If you follow the chat on telegram its a matter of pressing joining/moving buttons in a very easy way to contribute to your nation's activity. Yet we keep an eye on telegram taking over the game, as that is ofcourse something we dont want, so the risks of Telegram (for example not every action will keep you logged in) will remain.

Concluding, TLK is a game that requires time/effort as much as you make of it. Nothing is mandatory. It can be played pretty laid back where a player contributes whenever he or she wants to and slacks the rest of the day. Ofcourse if you want to be in some medal-reach you would have to put more time and effort in. I think the current game design offers a nice game for both types of players. Touching the absolute core mechanics of the game as in turning into 1h ticks or expanding the MP storage might sound like good ideas in some situations, but I guerantee you that the effects of it are way bigger than initially thought. Hence Im not a fan and there would be a massive portion of the playerbase steering me into that direction before I even start about thinking about those possibilities.

Little Edit: Ofcourse in an event type of gamemode Im open to all ears. For example during pandemic ages it occurs that players are sitting on 8 mp, as a random bonus. The idea of 15minute ticks as an event setting to an age is also pretty much into grasp if we develop it. But in this topic we are talking about the 'normal' game I assume, hence the distinction.