T1 units

KingDinger

T1 units

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:37 am

I feel like all t1 units have too low str. With battles going long enough that there's at least 1 inj every battle for far too long.

I was planning on doing a spreadsheet on all units just to check everything, but I'm away on holidays so can't right now.
Anyone else feel like there's something wrong so far?

KingDinger

Re: T1 units

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:35 am

Give every unit across the board +1 str. From most of my calculations that will help immensely. And will easily show the op units faster. Tho I don't think anything needs to be nerfed. Literally buff 95% of units.

Mikayel

Post by Mikayel » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:31 am

Hi,
Problem is that 1 str will affect the "ranking" T1 units more than the general tree pvp units. And that's something not rly wanted. And tbh if we want better runs, HP is what we need to increase. I still think though that some more results are needed, bc changing T1 means changing T2 and T3 as well => whole rebalance. So, if T3 is ok, we'll need to consider T1 changes carefully before changing anything.

What currently 100% needs to change is the garrison size (or units). Atm it's too strong.

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:42 am

Nah bro. 1 str on all t1 wouldn't impact anything but early runs ending fights faster. More hp just makes the battle go longer. I dont think you understand the issue or how to solve it.

Tiralan

Post by Tiralan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am

KingDinger wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:42 am Nah bro. 1 str on all t1 wouldn't impact anything but early runs ending fights faster. More hp just makes the battle go longer. I dont think you understand the issue or how to solve it.

Mikayel is actually quite right. Training/Ranking is all about HP. You need to survive the ranged attacks aswell as the cav charges, before most armies even start to do damage. Yes, strength can make fights shorter, but will never have the same impact on win/loss ratio as changing hp will. If anything I propose a boardwide hp buff for T1 units, and T1 units only. Just to increase a bit of the speed through early blue ranks.

Also, the pace of the map is slower, yes. But its not impossible or broken, just a different choice.
Garrisons however is a different story :)

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Omfg wake up and see the 6-9 round battles in grey ranks with 1-3 inj units. I'm a theorycrafter and tester, I don't pull shit out of my ass. The numbers don't add up. The hp totals are fine.
This is legit feedback based on reality. Not the ramblings of some old fool who I'd only just learning math.

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Here's a perfect example showing its str not hp that's the issue.
Meso unit, 92hp 6str 27 wage
Euro beduin 90 hp 10str 29 wage.
Now tell me what +5 hp would change for meso unit? Whereas +1 to +3 str would do so much more.

Mikayel

Post by Mikayel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Let's not forget that encounters on terrain or border have NOTHING to do with encounters on other maps. So you cannot atm compare stats of units of different maps.
I could agree on your argument only for the Garrison.