Unit xp

KingDinger

Unit xp

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:33 am

Is there something different with unit xp? Even with 25 25 20 of this new trainer I'm nowhere near keeping 2x commander xp on units. Which used to be the norm... easily breaking t3 by gen** or ltgen. I'm not even getting to MST at this point...

Bring back old trainer!

Mikayel

Re: Unit xp

Post by Mikayel » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 am

Hi,
There is nothing changed compared to other maps at the moment.
At least I haven't heard of such a change.

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:39 am

I'm talking since the days of old trainer. New trainer seems to either do nothing or just not enough. Reset to old trainer. Why was it even changed? Rebuilding armies too strong? Well now no 3 life units, so you have to rebuild deads effectively. No softcap so don't need to build a ton of trainer just to level 8 or so units to rebuild.
I just don't see a reason have this bad version.

Tiralan

Post by Tiralan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:54 am

Old trainer only benefitted rankers, as soon as they were having a dead, they could immediatly re-install it.
Hence making pvp on them complete useless and a waste of your own units, in case they died or whatnot.
PvP, faildrops, they all add up to an age, and repairing every bad thing/fail with the old trainer was bullshit to start with.
Old trainer will never come back in that form.

Current trainer boosts your exp on units. Yes, its mandatory if you want to cap at every rank.
There are also tactics to boost it from marshall and up, after you baught your army then fresh.

Either way, the every-thing-was-better-in-the-old-days is never going to be an argument we will listen to.

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:11 pm

Old trainer only benefit rankers for the reason I said are changed. With 1-8 deads it was needed to rebuild with 8. Now you can rebuild 1-3 with just buying at your tier and boost it back the little bit. But the main reason is the xp boost for all to get to proper caps.
From testing on dev server you barely get close to old levels of unit xp from normal training with 100 trainer. That limits so much hero points into valuable stats. You used to get nearly 2x commander xp as unit xp reliably. As in hitting MST t2 at 10000xp easily. And t3 at gen**.
From my testing gen** gets MST units. I found other break points where you now need larger army than what is efficient.
As it is now, armies are weaker for longer. Coupled with training and cities being the wrong garrisons, training is slower for almost all units. That's why I suggest 1str boost. Shorter battles, more unit xp per commander xp, less inj from longer battles. Just overall better balance.

Tiralan

Post by Tiralan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:01 pm

T3 units are meant to kick in halfway VM rank. And they do with 25 trainer on all heroes (or divided as you please over them).
Training was rebalanced, yes, but that was impossible if people had T3 ranks at the start of gen**. So we put some things in place to make that slower.

Ages take atleast a week, more often longer. Makes 0 sense to reach the end-game units at day 1 or 2. It being a struggle or the fact that the process is slower is not an issue at all for me.

Every new map, or new balance change or whatever, demands players to adjust. If they want to stick to their old habits, that could cost them in their armystrength or succes in training/pvp/whatever. It is what it is. The game is continously changing. Old trainer was a pain in the ass to balance arround. Removing it made things harder, yes, and thats a good thing.

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:12 pm

Things changed after the trainer change making it moot.

I'm on 85 trainer since green and will need to rebuild at M if I really want full t3 at M. There's no way my units will make up the difference by then themselves.
If you HAVE to get trainer just to keep basic cap levels...there's a problem.

Age lasting a week and it takes more than 2 days to get to the point where the units don't just all shit themselves in a single sf isn't goo either.

KingDinger

Post by KingDinger » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:35 pm

150 trainer. 110 Commanders xp. 260 to 360 unit xp. 70 to 130 hero xp.
0 trainer. 109 commander xp. 103 to 122 unit xp. 78 to 147 hero xp.
75 trainer. 108 commander xp. 178 to 219 unit xp. 81 to 151 hero xp.

So you literally need a minimum of 25 on all heroes just to get pre trainer boosting from old style xp gains. 1.5x commander xp.
Not to mention the huge difference in variance at higher trainer levels.
Meh 10 mins of testing.