Yes, ASAP
47%
No, next age
53%

Total votes: 75

Myth

SF unit experience

Post by Myth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:09 pm

SF XP is messed up because your units gain XP for the accumulated trainer skill of ALL heroes on your side. Meaning also those who belong to your fellow countrymen. Quite a big issue thats been in the game for quite a long time, but thats getting extra obvious due to the increased importance of the trainer skills. Going forward in the age might mean endgame SF's will be giving out CRAZY amount of XP. As such we would like to know if we should hotfix this during the age or just let the age go on as it is now, and fix it for the next?

spyke

Re: SF unit experience

Post by spyke » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Personally I didnt even know that`s how it works, but really find it cool, therefore following question:

Why consider that it needs to be fixed?

This is a good way to enable players into joining SF`s knowing they will get unit XP.
Could also lead to strategies of building heroes so units get XP boosted faster.

My vote is for: dont change, no option available at this time.

Thanks ;)

Hans

Post by Hans » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:27 pm

Hotfix and restart the age 🤷

Vadertlk

Post by Vadertlk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:45 pm

making changes mid age is not fair for all i would say. Would wait till a new age.

KFC

Post by KFC » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Vadertlk wrote: ↑Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:45 pm making changes mid age is not fair for all i would say. Would wait till a new age.
I agree

Myth

Post by Myth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:21 pm

spyke wrote: ↑Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:08 pm Personally I didnt even know that`s how it works, but really find it cool, therefore following question:

Why consider that it needs to be fixed?

This is a good way to enable players into joining SF`s knowing they will get unit XP.
Could also lead to strategies of building heroes so units get XP boosted faster.

My vote is for: dont change, no option available at this time.

Thanks ;)
Because the current way things are done it means you get waaaaay too much XP from SF's. There's hardly a difference between rankers and sf'ers/pvp'ers. So we need to change something at least.

Alternative is to make hero trainer skills impact SF's less, but still accumulate. Howver that's again a different calculation which makes the game mechanics even more difficult and needs it's own seperate balancing, making it harder for us. Better to have trainer skill behave the same no matter what type of fight.

Skummel

Post by Skummel » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:12 pm

I'd wait until next age and test that fix pretty good. You don't want to rush out a fix that makes it worse the other way arround.

Tiralan

Post by Tiralan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Dear Commanders,

Quite the fun age, isn't it? What started with too little exp for most of your units, ends in a exp walhalla due to several bugs.
This message will explain you what is wrong, what that means for this age and what will most likely change in next age.

1) We nerfed unit-exp by 40%. Based on the feedback and the numbers we got from database, next age this will be restored with 5%. (so 35% nerf from original)

2) To give players an options to create their own training balance, we increased the effect of trainer, by a lot, we said.
To translate that in numbers: We doubled it. Every point in trainer will give 1% extra experience, and that stacks between your heroes.
For now we intend to keep that.

3) We found a bug, related to the trainer-skill. In sfs, not only the trainer skill of your own heroes are calculated, but every hero that participated in the sf, gives a little bonus exp to your units due to trainer. That is ofcourse not intended, and creates those hideous numbers in exp we are seeing now. This will be fixed for next age.

What does the above mean for this age:
a) Most of you struggled in start of age, but will have overpowered units if you join sfs on a regular basis.

b) LD's will get cucked in this, as they don't oftenly participate in sfs to gain the same unit-bonus-exp. If you have a nice highrank in your country, you can take turns on doing MFs, but Ill leave that up to you. Yes, LDs are in disadvantage this age, but it will be this age only. If you can't handle this, please resign from your position and let somebody else get that HC medal. There will be no manual adjustments to this matter.

c) I expect more people rebuilding at a higher rank in pvp armies, as units will get exp easily back. This will mean that highrank pvp might get spicier than ever before, especially when Elite and Legendary units kick in. This will be bloody, have fun ;).

To conclude, yes we screwed up. This age will give medals, this age will be official, but this age will also be flawed by a known issue that we decide not to fix in the middle of the age, as the imbalance that will create will be even bigger, between people that were able to use it, against people that were not.

If any questions, feel free to send them to me, ingame or via telegram, just be nice, we hate this situation more than you guys do ;)

Greetings and yet again, have fun ;)