Create 2 playing modes in the same game in TLK: Play and Try & Pro mode.

Discuss the last knights with players from all countries. Keep it friendly, we're all playing the same game.
The_Master

Create 2 playing modes in the same game in TLK: Play and Try & Pro mode.

Post by The_Master » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Based on the idea already implemented on the existing safe mode Play and Try mode:

• People play the game as it is in the Pro mode but have 0 impact to the game meaning:

o They can rank but strength is taken out of country strength/maindrops/SF’s etc.
o They can join SF’s but their strength will not count, they only gain XP from it.
o They can pvp but the result only impacts them, not the player pvp’d

This way they can play and learn without being negatively impacted by actions from other players. They can join Telegram as every other player and learn the game without setbacks.
No medals obviously, this is only to gain experience.

Then when people feel confident then can step up their game and go Pro mode, play the game as usual.

• Some changes which I think are needed then also:

o Bring back war locks (as in old fun server). There are to many gangbangs going on which are not motivating.
o Bring back hard cap soft cap. It should be rewarding again for a pvp’r to farm targets. Simply replacing units to hard cap is to easy.

Tiralan

Re: Create 2 playing modes in the same game in TLK: Play and Try & Pro mode.

Post by Tiralan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:58 pm

Hm, what about a mode in which you cant get pvpd (but cant pvp yourself either) + you cant get hurt in sfs/drops, but you cant lead sfs either. Ofcourse in combination with the restrictions that safemode already brings, if it comes to medals.

Warslots is being discussed, but that is a hard one. I like it, I support it, but its really hard to get that balanced without ways to bypass it.
For example if allied countries take up a warslot, you can get locked in your capital, when its behind friendly cities, for example, after getting kicked to your capital in the warzone. Thats just a simple example of scenarios that could happen if we dont overthink it properly.

I like the plot behind your suggestion and the motivation for it. It might have some potential.
The next thing for new player we are working on, is a Mentor system, that will link experienced players to new players one on one, who can show the new players how it works around here. We plan on implement that first (no timetable though) and then we can see if a newbe-mode is needed, desired, and doesnt kill the vibe of the game for those players. You dont want them getting a wrong impression, it is a game full of dangers after all. But agreed, learning the basics is more effective when not in constant danger.

EDIT: We do not seek anything like softcap/hardcap back in our system. Yes it worked, but only for people who knew what it was about. It was hard to get your head around, it's something that doesnt occur in any other game (rpg/textbased/whatever). There were good reasons to remove it, so it will not come back.

Howeverrr, if the leading argument is, that getting soldiers killed is too easy to replace, we can look into ways to make that harder, but not with softcap/hardcap.

The_Master

Post by The_Master » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 am

Thanks for your reply.

In my suggestion I don't think of the difficulty of coding and such so I might suggest the impossible without realizing it ;)

Hm, what about a mode in which you cant get pvpd (but cant pvp yourself either) + you cant get hurt in sfs/drops, but you cant lead sfs either. Ofcourse in combination with the restrictions that safemode already brings, if it comes to medals.

If you can't pvp you will not learn. I had to learn the hard way that hitting Cata's with knight was a bad idea for example. Agreed on the not leading SF part. safe mode should not bring the country any advantage on one hand but also not any disadvantage on the other.

Good that you consider war locks, really loved that in Fun server back in the days.

Reason for hard/soft cap back is the following, it used to be fun as PVP'r (with full Cata army) to find ranking armies. If lucky they trained during red flag and you would have a massacre. But usually full armies you would loose. In old situation you would hit also and take that loss. hoping they stay offline for 6 more ticks and hit them again. Then the deadies start and with that the farming regardless of them being able to rebuy units. That does not work here anymore hence less fun in building good pvp armies.

For the mentor system, do you really need that? Telegram is great, people can join there and altough some people can be dicks in this game the big majority is always willing to help and explain.
If you want an (I think) easy solution you might add a flag to "soldier" "duke" "admin" indication indicating "mentor" (maybe add color or so) so new people can reach out to those people for questions. If you are a player who wants to be mentor trigger something in your profile?

Nuvelle

Post by Nuvelle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:39 pm

The_Master wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 am Then the deadies start and with that the farming regardless of them being able to rebuy units.
And here in lies the heart of our changes - whilst this is fun as the PVPer, being a new player on the receiving end of this? Drives people away from the game.

Akh_horus

Post by Akh_horus » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Some old players hate farming too :P

The_Master

Post by The_Master » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Nuvelle wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:39 pm
The_Master wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 am Then the deadies start and with that the farming regardless of them being able to rebuy units.
And here in lies the heart of our changes - whilst this is fun as the PVPer, being a new player on the receiving end of this? Drives people away from the game.
Hence I suggest the play and try mode, so new players do not have to suffer. They can not be pvp'd. They can only pvp themselfs to learn while the other side does not get any dammage.

What you are trying to do now is to create a game for new people that need to learn in an environment of ruthless people such as myself who have no mercy. Its a wargame after all.

Bialy

Post by Bialy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:04 am

Deads should defo be harder to replace - i have shit army get 5 kills on it - then just pop to barracks and buy 5 more units just with lower lvl - and it doesnt reward good pvpers for it really - because deaths they caused have minimal impact on main drop and on the finish stage. With hardcap/softcap i had to really think about how to get them back and so on

EDIT: also - when dropping main you would think twice - because now its just "meh got deaths - just buy some more" while at hardcap people would not be happy at you for it :P