New GDPR laws - Reason for old accounts being deleted

Official announcements
Tiralan

New GDPR laws - Reason for old accounts being deleted

Post by Tiralan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Ok, so now we have your attention!

Due to the new GDPR laws coming in (I am sure you are sick of those emails by now!) we have introduced a policy where all accounts that have not been logged into/taken an action in 1 year will be deleted every age end.

This means that at the next age end all old accounts will be deleted in one big go.

Points to note on a deletion:
-This is permanent.
-This cannot be reversed. Ever.
-This is permanent.

If you wish to be "skipped" during these automatic deletion runs then go to your profile and tick the box "Do not delete my account". This gives us permission to hold on to your account.

On that note, we have trimmed down the data we hold. We now keep the following information:

User name;
Unique User ID;
IP addresses used to access the game;
Email;
Gender (as set in-game, not what you really are);

Any other data we may have collected before is being permanantly dropped during the next reset.

If you have any queries please post here, use contact/staff or email admin@lastknights.com where we will gladly do our best to help you.

TL;DR:
We will delete your account in the next week if you don't use it in 12 months unless you tick your profile.

Tiralan

Re: New GDPR laws - Reason for old accounts being deleted

Post by Tiralan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Update January 2020

We found a way to restore history of old (= deleted) accounts.
Yet again, the accounts are truly erased with no backup, as required by this law.
However, the game's history (= the HoF) belongs to the game and I can get data out of that.

So, if you are a returning player, and want to get your history back, take the following steps:

1) Have an active account, make a new one if you dont have any at this very moment.

2) Search for your old username in the Hall of Fame. Players popup in the hall of fame if they reached the top 20 of any ranking (rank, pvp, sf, hero).

3) Send in an admin support ticket via the support button with all the possible information about your old account, ages and achievements.

4) I will analyse your information, check if its checks out and I can convert your newly made account into your old account. Note, I will only perform this action in agebreaks, as I don't want to disturb active gameplay, its a bit of a tricky operation.

5) Medals is a different story. Medals connected to deleted accounts are deleted aswell. If you want medals back, you should give me a detailed list of what medal in what age, and I will check those with the existing HoF. I don't want any abuse on this, but I will reinstate them if they are yours.

Share the news, bring your old friends back, tell them there is a way ;)